5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2015 5:18 AM by None None

Dont view .PNG API

None None

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to not view a .PNG file after saving in a macro.

For a .PDF file is the command:

swExportPDFData.ViewPdfAfterSaving

Is there a command like this for .PNG?

• Re: Dont view .PNG API
          Deepak Gupta

I don't think that has been implemented yet. The best would be to do a save as PNG manually and uncheck that option. After that SW would remember that option. Alternatively you can check the windows registry for that option and can toggle that option.

None None

I have found the registry under :HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/SolidWorks/SOLIDWORKS 2015/Export Settings/View PNG After Saving

type:REG_DWORD

And now the next question

How can i change the value of the registery in VBA?

Deepak Gupta

How can i change the value of the registery in VBA?

Read and Write Windows Registry with VBA

Keith Rice

Hi,

I have bad news for you. Even if you modify the registry with your macro, you would have to restart SolidWorks for the change to take effect. When SolidWorks loads, it reads the registry settings at that time. It doesn't read them when a particular event occurs, like saving a PNG. We were experiencing the exact same problem with regards to viewing a PDF after save. To remedy the problem, the SolidWorks API team actually had to create the very API call you referenced, IExportPdfData::ViewPdfAfterSaving. You should write to them and ask them to implement a similar API call for PNG.

What would be nice is if they simply created a generic API call that would suppress this action for any save.

Keith

SolidWorks API Tutorials

None None

Hi Keith,

That's my problem. If I change the registry value. The changed value will only apply until SolidWorks is rebooted. So the only option is to turn off  "View PNG after saving" manually. I hope there will be a API for this.