11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 4:01 PM by David Chang-Yen

PACK AND GO 2015 BUG???

Tom Schrei

We have updated to 2015. Now when I go to use pack and go it is not including the drawings. Anyone else experiencing this? I am experienced in using pack and go, so I know something is not right here.

• Re: PACK AND GO 2015 BUG???
          Peter De Vlieger

Tom,

Do you mean that it doesn't include the drawing when you make a P&G starting from the drawing or that it doesn't include the drawing although you checked the box for it to be included, or both ?

Roland Schwarz

In older versions, there was a problem getting drawings when in "flat" view.  Drawing need to be retrieved in nested view.

Tommy King

I have recently upgraded to SW2015 and I am having the same problems.  I opened an assembly made from parts that were created exclusively in SW2015 and performed a pack and go.  I checked include drawings and it did not include the drawing.  With the assembly still open, I clicked on create drawing from assembly and it said that a drawing already exist....do you want to open this drawing.....so it is recognizing the drawing being related to the model.

I then tested models and drawings created in previous versions in which the pack and go should have included 5 drawings but it only included 4 of the 5 drawings.

I then performed an install repair and rebooted.....then created 3 simple parts and drawings, used the three parts in an assembly and then made 2 drawing files of the assembly.  From the assembly the pack and go included only 4 drawings.....from either of the assembly drawings the pack an go included 5 drawings.

I am a SolidWorks professional and have been using SW exclusively since 2003.....this is the first time I have had issues with pack and go.

Does anyone have any suggestions as a work around or any ideas if SW is working to fix this bug......PS I also did a windows update to make sure that it wasn't a window issue.

Thanks

Tommy

Tommy King

Tom Schrei,

Just curious.....when you upgraded to SW2015, did you use the DVD discs and let it search for latest service pack during installation or did you go to the website without the DVD....I used the DVD and another person who is having the same problem also loading SW using the DVD......Grasping at straws but was wondering if there are bad DVD's

Thanks

Tommy

Piotr Napadlek

I'm having pack and go issue as well. In my company we were using SW 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 and had no issue with pack and go (besides the fact that large assembly with all references needed about 2 days to get packed). Since 2015 the problem is that it doesn't include the last file from each folder with the necessary files. So if I had 4 folders (either nested or not) that contain 23 files (either assys, parts or drawings) it packs only 19 files, and when opening the package it shows that several parts are missing. We also installed SP1 but this doesn't solve the problems. We're using SW 2015 premium on Windows 7 64bit Dell workstations (I assume it's not a problem with memory since 16gb should be sufficient for couple of files ). Is this confirmed as a 2015 bug? It looks like the folder browsing loop in pack and go got broken or gets miscounted .

Zak Lepper

I know this a old thread but did anyone find a fix for this problem yet?

David Chang-Yen

I have a fix that seems to work for me (I am running SW 2015 on a Win7-64 system). This is actually a variation of a fix that I used to get the file thumbnail images to work as well... user Mike K presented it (Preview in explorer view doesn't work after upgrade to 2012))

I think the problem (at least for me) lies with the fact that the sldshellutils.dll file that SW is looking for is not called that anymore... on my system the file of that name is a language help file of some sort, nothing to do with Pack and Go. However, running a search for the file name yielded a file called "sldshellutils11u.dll" instead. I applied the fix by Mike K:

• Single-click the Windows start menu button and in the "Search programs and files" field. I believe the "Run" command field also works, but I haven't tried it.
                      • Enter: regsvr32 "<full file path and name>" and hit enter. As Mike pointed out, use the quotation marks. In my case it looks like: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SOLIDWORKS Shared\SLDSHELLUTILS11u.dll"
                      • You should immediately get a message that the dll was registered successfully and Pack and Go will then work