2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 8:30 AM by Rick Van Der Ven

Problems with missing parts in a assembly

Rick Van Der Ven

Hello,

I recently upgraded from SW 2014 to SW 2015. and it was working fine until recently i opened some assembly's and SW told the files where missing and i had to relocate them. Thats fine if it happens ones but i haven't moved any parts so why can't SW find the files? It also happens to assembly's i just made 10 seconds ago. I close it and open it again and SW tels me the parts are missing.

Could somebody help me with this problem?

kind regards,

Rick

• Re: Problems with missing parts in a assembly
          Steve Lovell

Hi Rick,

I'm not sure, but it looks like SW 2015 handles assemblies in a slightly different way, I had the same issue I tracked it down to having a copied toolbox part

in the assembly, so I had two files in different sub assemblies within a top level assembly called the same thing one with all the need configuration one with out. If I opened the individual sub assemblies all was ok, because the need file was opened.

This did not happen in 2014, this is probably a good thing as it highlights potential problems, but if that's the case some sort of warning would be nice as come across as just a missing file.

Steve.

• Re: Problems with missing parts in a assembly
              Rick Van Der Ven

Hi Steve,

Well the problem is that even the small sub assembly's are missing parts when i open them. So i can't open a assembly normally without having to individually click and pick every part. So thinking about downgrading to SW'14 again until this problem has been solved by SW or if somebody has a fix for this problem.

So if somebody has a fix or has the same problems please let my know!

rick