2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2014 5:52 AM by Keith Rice

Macro types VB & C# are missing in my macro open dialogue window - SW2015

JOHN GEORGE

I am missing my macro open dialogue with other types like vbproj & csproj

See the screen shot

I can see this in 2014 but not in SW2015 SP1.1

Anyone else had this issue and how to fix it

sw-2015 missing vsta.png

• Re: Macro types VB & C# are missing in my macro open dialogue window - SW2015
          Subhra Maiti

Run the setup file again... Choose modify the individual installation (on this computer) ....... In product selection in Solidworks selectUntitled.jpg

and then install ...

Hope it will help  ...

2 people found this helpful
            • Re: Macro types VB & C# are missing in my macro open dialogue window - SW2015
              Keith Rice

Subhra is correct, though I should note that this installation option isn't available pre-2014, should anyone be having the issue in 2013 or earlier. VSTA actually gets bundled with other products, though I haven't figured out which one. I just know that if you unselect all products exception the core, VSTA doesn't get installed.

Moreover, if you did choose to install VSTA install and it is still not appearing, you can try this from S-047516:

32-bit

1. Rename "HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Microsoft\VSTAHost" to "VSTAHost_old" (do not rename "VSTAHostConfig")

2. Open a command prompt and change directory to the folder in which the "vsta.exe" resides; normally this is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE"

3. In the command prompt type:

vsta.exe /hostid SolidWorks_VSTA /setup

4. Hit Enter

64-bit

1. Rename "HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VSTAHost" to "VSTAHost_old" (do not rename "VSTAHostConfig")

2. Open a command prompt and change directory to the folder in which the "vsta.exe" resides; normally this is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE"

3. In the command prompt type:

vsta.exe /hostid SolidWorks_VSTA /setup

4. Hit Enter

I hope this helps.

Keith

SolidWorks API Video Tutorials