7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2014 12:52 AM by Bryan Kohn

In Context Reference Wrong in Part But Not in Assembly

Peter Hunstein

I have an assembly in SW 2015 that is driven with a part that has only datums and sketches. There are two axis that locate guide rollers. I modeled a bracket that references these axis and there are holes located by these axis. This was done by editing the part in the context of the assembly, creating a sketch and using convert entities to create a reference for a hole wizard hole. When the bracket is viewed in the assembly it is correct. however when the part is opened individually one of the holes is .03" off in the vertical direction (with respect to the top plane). The feature manager is not showing an out of context condition and the parent child references are intact. I went back and created two fresh points in the master sketch and then brought them in to the part in context and they too are out .03" when the part is opened but not when measured in the assembly. Is this a known bug and is there a way to fix it or am I doing something wrong? I can break the references and fix the problem but that defeats the purpose of the associativity and in context modeling.

Thanks