2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 12:15 PM by Marshall Wilson

Component Line Font issue

Marshall Wilson

I am having trouble with setting the component line font for one particular part in a drawing sheet of an assembly. It seemed to be fine yesterday, but today when I went to keep working on the drawing, The layer & line properties I had set to that part no longer apply, and whenever I try to re-assign (click on part, RB, "component line font...", etc) It does not save the settings for that part. When I try it with any other part it works. When I try it on another sheet it works. Is there some sheet setting I've messed up inadvertently?

• Re: Component Line Font issue
          Glenn Schroeder

I've occasionally had the same problem, in fact it just happened again this morning, but I've never figured out what causes it.  Sometimes I can save the drawing, close it, then open it back and change the settings and it will stick.  I don't know if that will work for you or not, but it's worth a shot.

If it doesn't then the only option I know would be to Ctrl+select the model edges and change them with the Line Format toolbar.

• Re: Component Line Font issue
            Marshall Wilson

I gave up on it awhile ago, but recently, after I had been messing about with saving some new section views in the assembly, and creating some other new views, the problem automatically resolved itself. Perhaps there was some linkage to the default views in the assembly - I don't know.