2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2014 5:32 AM by Jefferson Oliveira

EPDM and multiple versions of Solidworks

Tom Parent

We're presently considering moving to EPDM from WPDM.  Being a consultancy, we must conform to our client's Solidworks version.  For WPDM, we run multiple vaults to handle the multiple Solidworks running.  Our VAR tells us a single EPDM vault can handle the multiple versions.  I'm trying to better understand the implications of this.  Is there a flag in EPDM that tells you the SW release version of the file?  Does anyone have experience with this and any precautionary thoughts?  Thanks!

• Re: EPDM and multiple versions of Solidworks
          Michael Dekoning

As long as you are running a later version of EPDM, it will work with your files. I don't think there's any way to indicate which version the file is.

1 person found this helpful
          • Re: EPDM and multiple versions of Solidworks
            Jefferson Oliveira

Hi Tom,

As the EPDM manage SolidWorks files regardless of their versions and old projects are not always updated on a possible exchange of EPDM version, we can not create a note and not have a field on the card you to return it. I have two tips.

It is possible to create an API that returns the version of the SW file and insert it into dispatch and run on all Vault files.

Create a field in your template standard SolidWorks with the SolidWorks version and each SW version change update this field.

I hope it helped.

1 person found this helpful