3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 11:59 AM by Gary Williams

Has anyone ever used Infor10 PLM Discrete with SolidWorks?

Wes Figy

Our company is looking to use this for document management but I can't find any reviews of people who have used it as a vault system with SolidWorks.

• Re: Has anyone ever used Infor10 PLM Discrete with SolidWorks?
          Brian Rockwell

Wes, as someone who has worked at Infor for over 6 years implementing PLM in process manufacturing and discrete manufacturing environments, I can confidently say I prefer to handle a SW --> PLM install.  The ease of working with SolidWorks is by far less painful than Pro/E, CATIA, SolidEdge or even AutoCAD/Inventor.  I apologize I don't have a review, although I could put you in contact with a few of my customers that use SW with Infor PLM.

What is the ERP system you are using?

Brian

Rockwell Consults, LLC - Home

• Re: Has anyone ever used Infor10 PLM Discrete with SolidWorks?
              Wes Figy

We use Infor XA for our ERP system. 

We have been using SolidWorks for about 8 years now and have gone through a few vault systems.  Our parent company is now trying to get us to use Infor10 PLM discrete and I'm coming across many issues when testing this vault system.  The speed seems very slow when checking in assemblies.  The infor development team has been trying to fix 3 major problems we have had with it for about 6 months now.  It's starting to get frustrating and was just curious if there was any other companies out there that are using this vault system with SolidWorks the way we are.  We have been in touch with one company that uses both but they only model up single parts and check them in.  We model up large assemblies with a 100 to a 1000 parts.