Can anyone tell me some simple steps to set up an autosizing smart component? My smart components never autosize. Here's what I do:
- Make a tube with a 8" ID
- Make a rod with an 8" OD
- Make an assembly with the OD of the rod mated to the ID of the tube.
- Select the rod and "Make Smart Component"
- Check "Diameter" under the Auto Size section
- Select the rod OD for the concentric mate reference
- Click "Configurator Table..."
- Set the Minimum and Maximum Diameter (4"-12")
- Make a new assembly with a new tube tube with a 6" ID
- Insert the smart component
- Mate it to the ID of the new tube. It mates, but doesn't autosize.
Edit: I'm using solidworks 2012