3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 12:35 AM by Jared Conway

error in static large displacement simulation

Joris Romijn

Every time i run my simulation of a seat rails, after a few % ( like 1.8) and an hour of proccesing time the solver gives the error:

Load increment ratio < 0.01%

Does anyone know how this can be changed or fixed?

• Re: error in static large displacement simulation
          Jared Conway

need more info, sounds like a setup issue

1 person found this helpful
              Joris Romijn

What info do you need?

I have tried a static analysis, with and without large displacement.

Also tried a non-lineair analysis but didn't work either.

Used different solvers, different contact sets, different connectors, different mesh qualities.

I have run out of ideas to solve this problem.

if it helps i could upload my model? (although i'm not really sure how to do that)

Jared Conway

you haven't provided any information about what the model looks like

what physics/loads are included

how it is restrained

how it is connected together

generally my recommendation would be to go to a very simple gravity load, see if you can get the problem to solve, that will ensure you have your contacts and restraints defined properly. if you don't get past that you need to work on restraints and contact.

if that is successful, reduce the magnitude of your load, see if it solves. if it does, your load is too high or you'll need to work through some solving difficulties

feel free to post your model using the pack and go function from solidworks and the advanced editor at the top right