7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 10:28 AM by Jason Knoll

How is 2015?

James Pare

So SP1.0 is coming out & it's time I need to make a decision whether we update to 2015

How's the performance?

Is it stable?

Any critical bugs?

Favourite new feature?

Looking for both positive & negative feedback

Please advise

• Re: How is 2015?
          Mark Kaiser

Other than simulation express being broken (there is a workaround to fix it), it's good for me.  Stable and no other bugs found, nothing new and fancy (features) for myself.

Glenn Schroeder

I haven't updated yet but the only thing I remember seeing here on the Forum is an issue with placing multiple points when using the Hole Wizard.  It's supposed to be fixed with sp 1.  I intend to go to SW2015 then, though I might wait to make sure that issue is taken care of first.

Jason Knoll

2015 is noticeably slower.  I have one assembly that used to work just fine in 2012, when we upgraded I have to wait 3-5 minutes after a command.  The cursor just sits and spins.  Once again I will be giving the lowest rating possible for a new release.  In 2012 I went through the same growing pains until I SWX released an updated driver.  I've already updated the drivers but will have to check again to see if they released anything newer.