7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2015 8:52 AM by Matt Bracht

HOW DO I SHOW ONLY CERTAIN COLUMNS OF A DESIGN TABLE

Steven Ulik

I have a part that has 3 different variables (Dim "A", "B" & "D") in the design table. I only want to show 1 of those in the drawing design table (Dim "A").

I know you can hide columns in the part design table but I dont want to do that since these may need to be modified later.

These others dont need to be shown in the table that shows up in the drawing.

Any suggestions?

• Re: HOW DO I SHOW ONLY CERTAIN COLUMNS OF A DESIGN TABLE
          Jamil Snead

I have never done it before, but from reading about it I believe that what it shown on the drawing is whatever is visible in the DT edit window when you close the DT. So you'll need to edit the DT in SolidWorks, then drag the box corners so that only Dim A is visible, then exit the DT. Now go back to the drawing and add the DT back and it should only show Dim A.

Steven Ulik

We tried that but to show only what we want you have to hide columns and rows.

I may have figured it out but need to try on another part to see if I can duplicate the results.

Matt Bracht

Did you figure this out?  I've got a long design table that I'm only wanting to show 1/3 of the lines from and I don't know how to filter out the data I do not want.  Also, the drawing table is only showing about 20 lines, when I try to drag the table bigger it only scales the table which isn't good obviously.

Jamil Snead

Matt, I think what you need to do is edit the table in SW, then right click on the header for the row or column you don't want to show up and hide it. Then drag the bottom right corner of the table area to adjust the visible area to how you want it to show up in the drawing. Now exit the design table, go to your drawing, and insert the design table onto the drawing. It should appear on the drawing exactly as it appeared when you last edited it.

Matt Bracht

Ok, what if my design table has multiple family part numbers in it and I only want to show 1 of the 2 family groupings per table per sheet.  Take for instance the list that I have below, they're angle iron of various length and maybe one group has a hole punched in and the second group doesn't.  Since I'm having to manipulate the visible area of the design table instead of being able to filter the data of the table inside the drawing only that'll mean that the tables will not remain constant moving from one drawing to the next, correct?

One drawing:

TT-001-X = drawing and generic file name

TT-001-A = configuration depicted in table on drawing TT-001-X

TT-001-B = configuration depicted in table on drawing TT-001-X

TT-001-C = configuration depicted in table on drawing TT-001-X

A second drawing:

TT-002-X = drawing and generic file name

TT-002-A = configuration depicted in table on drawing TT-002-X

TT-002-B = configuration depicted in table on drawing TT-002-X

TT-002-C = configuration depicted in table on drawing TT-002-X

Hopefully that's not to hard to follow.  With Creo you manipulate and filter the data in the specific table you create per drawing, and it's only pertaining to that one drawing/one table.  Much more robust and logical.  I'm hoping to find a similar method in Solidworks.