4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2014 3:19 AM by Steven Richmond

Quickly display components based on custom property value

Eric Snyder

I have an assembly made up of both parts and other assemblies. I have some customer properties defined in all the parts. Some of the parts are being purchased and some are being made. What is a quick way that I can display only those parts being made by a particular vendor?

• Re: Quickly display components based on custom property value
          Kevin Pymm

Eric,

You could try using the Advance Select option. Click on the drop down arrow on the select icon at the top of the screen & Advance Select is at the bottom. You can make up rules for selection of parts & items within your assembly & save them if needed again.

Or you might be able to use the filter search at the top of the tree, although I think this is limited to content within the part title, description & I think tags as well but could be wrong on that.

Steven Richmond

Hi Eric

Try using the Assembly Visualization tool. It's in the tools drop down.

You can then click on the black arrow at the end of the columns and a list appears. Select more and this allows you to specify a custom property to a column. You can add multiple columns if you have many custom properties you want to see. You can then filter what you want.

Hope this helps and if not I'll try and add some screen shots.

Eric Snyder

I am having more luck with the Advanced Select than Assembly Visualization.

With Assembly Visualization I am having an issue with custom properties showing up.

I have created a custom properties template for a part. The fields show up in my Custom Properties tab and I am able to edit the values:

Custom properties.jpg

When I try to show that field (in this case "Reviewed") it does not show up in the list of properties that I can choose from in the add column of Assembly Visualization:

Add column.jpg

A whole bunch of other properties show up, just not the ones that I have added.

I have tried saving, restarting and no luck.

Steven Richmond

Hi Eric

I take you have checked the Summary Information to check the Custom properties are being populated correctly?

Summary Info.jpg

Mine works like this. For example, the above part has a material custom property. To add this to assembly visualization I do this. By checking the summary info I know that the custom property has been created. It's now on the drop down list to select.

Custom Column.jpg

Then the column appears

Material column.jpg

We don't actually use the Custom Property Tab Builder but user forms instead through a macro, although this shouldn't matter as a custom property is still being created.

Hope this helps

Steven