I don't see that behavior so please report this to your VAR and let them take care of the issue.
I have the same problem. I use a 30 days trial of Solidcam with Solidworks 2015.
I can't see which SP of Solidworks this is but it is a full version of Solidworks.
I uninstalled and tried to install on another PC with as much
as possible differences like mouse, firewall, virusscanner etc but it did not make any
difference. While installing firewall and virusscanners were off.
I tested with Windows 8.1 .
This is a very annoying problem
I resolved the issue by re-installing Solidworks, but after a while (some hours later) the problem occurred again.
Found out that it was related to my Wacom tablet. Removed driver and tablet cable, reinstalled wacom driver and reconnected the tablet.
Problem gone. No issues anymore.
Hope this helps for you too!
Thanks for sharing.
You use SW on a tablet?
The tablet Maurits is referring to is used for sketching by hand and transferring that to system by people like Industrial designer.
How are things going for you Maurits?
Brian, Iron Mountains
Oke thanks for the info.
I also use a Wacom tablet.
But not for handsketching.
I have programmed the mouseclicks on the keyboard and the mousemovement
is the pen, that is easily 2 times faster than a mouse and it has fixed my RSI problems
For me it did not fix the problem. Even if I uninstall the wacom tablet and keep it
disconnected the problem is still there when using a normal mouse.
I used the latest Wacom driver.
I have found that the problem is only in Solidworks 2015 and not in SW2014.
In 2015 SP2 the problem is still not fixed. Even after a fresh install of Windows 8.1
the problem pops up. Does anybody else encounter this problem?
Haven't seen anything like that on SW2015 SP 0, 1.0, 1.1 and now 2.0
Have not seen it on either 2014 (SP5) or 2015 (sp2.1)
Try clicking a little slower. Three fast clicks will highlight the dimension name for editing.
I am having the same issue and this is the only thread I can find relating to this particular problem. Has anyone had any luck fixing this problem and can someone from Solidworks please address this? This should not require re-installing the program and the operating system.
I am using Windows 8.1 with Solidworks 2015.
We still have the same problem too. Nothing has worked.
Even a new install of Windows 8.1 and no Wacom tablet
does not work. We tested on 2 desktop computers and both
having the same problem. We do not use Solidworks 2015
because of this problem.
It seems computer specific, on a notebook with Solidcam2015
we did not have the problem.
FWIW - this problem just happened to me (2015 running on 8.1) and I found the cause. I had set the Windows font size to Extra Large for purposes of sharing my screen during a help session. From that point on, when I would add or edit a dimension, the input would default to the name rather than the actual dimension value (very frustrating). I changed the Windows font size back to Large (which requires a restart of Windows) and the problem went away.
Walter Klemp had the correct answer.
This did fix the problem on Windows 10.
If the font setting is greater than 150% here ["Change the size of font, apps, and other items"], the default entry box in a sketch smart dimension is the dimension ID.
For scaling of 150% (I did not try lower) the default entry box in a sketch smart dimension is the dimension value.
In my opinion, SolidWorks needs to start following Windows programming best practices for GUI design and Font usage. On my SurfaceBook SolidWorks menus and prompts look terrible, likely due to the odd screen resolution of 3000x2000 pixels. I had similar issues on other computers and particularly when I was using 4K displays. Which is amazing to me as I assume designers want the best resolution they can get.
Microsoft provides API calls to properly size dialog box components and auto size items within a Windows Form that make the UI mostly agnostic to the display context.
Every time there's a new version of SolidWorks I get hopeful that the SolidWorks GUI insanity has been rectified. Every time I am disappointed.
I have been documenting these problems for 3 years and for some
reason they can't or they won't fix the problem. Or more likely they
just do not get the budget to fix the problem. I have been pushing hard
while doing beta but at the end I even did not get any response on messages
that problems were not fixed while SPR's told they were fixed.
It was simply neglecting the problems.