2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2014 8:25 AM by Mile Andesilic

EPDM 2014 Windows explorer and SW add-in crash

Mile Andesilic

When customer wants to check in assembly and its parts at once it crashes, so we checked in parts one by one but main assembly is still a mystery.

EPDM 2014 SP5 Windows Explorer crashes upon showing Check in dialog...it collects all the references of an large assembly and when needs to show Check-in dialog window it crashes. Same thing with the SolidWorks Add-in.

It looks like it is file specific since nobody else in the team gets this.

I tried clean re-install od EPDM and SolidWorks

Cleaned all registry keys

Even tried forcing check in through delete and recovery of the file itself and also deleting local view and forcing silent check in that way.

Any thoughts before i write SR?

Cheers,

Mile

• Re: EPDM 2014 Windows explorer and SW add-in crash
          Mile Andesilic

Ive managed to get this file operational after delete - restore procedure but it still crashes SW and Explorer on that one user PC so we will re install the system.

my thoughts are that some registry key permission is lacking after upgrade to 2014 since everything was working fine till the upgrade from 2013 to 2014

• Re: EPDM 2014 Windows explorer and SW add-in crash
              Mile Andesilic

It is related to internal mirrored components. SPR 840552

It doesn't allow check in if assembly has internal components that are mirrored, so if we extract internal mirrored components to external everything works fine. Problem is, there is at least 100 assemblies with dozens of internal mirrored components.

Macro or something like that would work this out... or downgrade to EPDM 2014 SP4 or upgrade to EPDM 2015 SP0 which is not an option at the moment.

any luck with this one?