2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 2:56 AM by Jared Conway

how do I find the results of the drag force, lift force and pressure coefficients chart?

Yohan Prasetya

I was a beginner in using SolidWorks. I tried to simulate the external flow on the MPV (multi-purpose vehicle) in order to determine the effect of the spoiler on the vehicle MPV against the drag force, lift force and pressure coefficients.  What should I do ?. I have included the required parameters, however, I was confused when I could not show results for the goal of the drag force, lift force and pressure coefficients chart.  I've been able to release the results of flow trajectories and velocity and pressure cut cut plot plot.  only the results of the drag force, lift force and pressure coefficients chart I can not find.  Can you help me with a tutorial or step what should I do.

• Re: how do I find the results of the drag force, lift force and pressure coefficients chart?
          Andreas Klumpp

Creating a Goal Plot

The Goal Plot allows you to study the goal changes in the course of the calculation.

SolidWorks Flow Simulation uses Microsoft Excel to display the goal plot data. Each goal

plot is displayed in a separate sheet. The converged values of all project goals are

displayed in the Summary sheet of an automatically created Excel workbook.

1 In the SolidWorks Flow Simulation design tree, under Results, right-click the Goals icon and select Insert. The Goal Plots dialog box appears.

2 Click Add All or select the one you need.

3 Click OK. The goals1 Excel workbook is created.

This workbook displays how the goal values had changed during the calculation. You can take the total pressure value presented in the Summary sheet.

• Re: how do I find the results of the drag force, lift force and pressure coefficients chart?
            Jared Conway

there are no plots, either use a goal or a surface parameter

check the tutorials and validation examples there are examples that show how to do this. flow over a sphere comes to mind.

also, I would recommend digging into this forum, the type of analysis you want to do is very complex and requires some real thinking about your goals relative to what you can do with cfd. my suggestion as you will see in this forum is always to start with a 2d model to get a good understanding of how many cells and size of comp domain that you need to get good results before you move to 3d.