7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2014 8:19 PM by Jared Conway

Evaporation, water gains

Jakub Hazmuka

Hello,

I am using the Solidworks 2014 flow simulation with HVAC module.

I want to ask, if is possible to add any water surface gain (e.g. evaporation of swimming pool, water gain from persons). I would like to solve an winter stadion, where I supply air with some initial temperature and initial humidity. The air gets heat up (metabolic heat) and mass humidity is rise up passes through the viewers. Then the air gets into the space of ice surface, where the temperature is very low. The air is cooled and the relative humidity increases. I Need to know, if the fog is creted above the ice surface (RH = 100%). Is it possible to somehow solve this task? I never found how to add water gain.

I will want to solve the microclimate of swimmingpool in future. i know how to calculate the water evaporation from pools. But i only want to add water gain to the surface (e.g. 0,133kg/(h.m2)

Thank you for your time and sry for my bad english

SKMBT_C22014112111550.jpgdiagram.gif

• Re: Evaporation, water gains
          Jared Conway

do you want to add it? like adding a BC

or are you wanting to calculate it? IE create the phase change (like evaporation in a pool)

Jakub Hazmuka

Sorry i am new in Solidworks. What does it mean BC?

I will try expalain it on the next example. We have the swimmingpool and i want to add the water gain to some surface with specific value - defined by me (e.g. 0,133kg/(h.m2) (like adding surface,volume source "Flow simulation -> insert->  surface source" ). Then I want observe the relative humidity of air ind the room. I dont assume the solidworks can calculate the water evaporation of water surface...:)

Humidity.jpg

Amit Katz

Jakub,

Although I do not believe that Flow Sim can simulate phase change, you can set relative humidity at your boundary conditions (BC). The training files have a dedicated example to this feature, work through it and see if you can apply it to your model.

In case you don't have the training files, you can find them here: http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/808_ENU_HTML.htm

Jakub Hazmuka

Thank you for your tips good men

I will solve this expample using tracer study. But i worry about the graphic outputs of this solution.

Cause if i will use the tracer study i dont show the cut plot with relative humidity. Output will be only mass fraction (= mass of water/mass od air). Is there any way how to make own plot, which will be created from my equation? Somethig like equation goal i dont want to recalculate outputs manually for finding relative humidity.

Jared Conway

i don't believe you can create your own plot

but i'm not sure i understand why you can't create a BC of air with a particular humidity as your "evaportation" and use the built in plots

also i'm not sure if a tracer is the best fit as it is a post process to the existing flow, ie i don't think that it will mix