I have a Part # and Description set up for a profile, but when I use that profile in a weldment the cut list does not contain the profile properties.
Can you post the .sldlfp file?
Here you go
I can't open your file, and I tried everything I can think of. I'm still using SW2014. Was it saved with SW2015? If that's not it, then maybe it's corrupt somehow, or maybe someone else will be able to open it.
I am using 2014. Did you remove the ".zip" from the file extension?
Try this one, I couldn't get the other one to open either.
When I used it (your second one) to create a weldment those two properties came through okay. Did you right-click on your cut list folder and Update?
Yes, but the cut list didn't bring in the custom properties. It still shows the "C6x8.2" for the description and no Part #.
Does it matter that our weldment profile library is on a network server?
No, that shouldn't matter. Mine is also on a network. You said the properties aren't coming through. Is that in the part itself when you right-click on the body in the cut list folder and choose Properties (as in my screenshot below) or in a drawing?
I'm not getting it to come through to the Cut-List Properties. Consequently, they don't come through to the cut-list table on the drawing either.
Can you post your part?
I don't know what's going on. I opened your part, and as you said, the properties didn't come over, but I edited the feature and selected the profile you had sent earlier that I saved to my network, and then after Updating the cut list the properties were there.
Have you had this problem only with this profile, or with others also?
my guess is that these properties were added to the profile after the weldment feature was made. SW does not link to the profile file, it just copies its info to the part when it is added. that would be why they showed up for Glenn after editing and re-selecting the profile.
I hadn't thought of that. You're probably right, or at least I can't think of any other reason for it.
Well, it seems to be working now.
I created the part I posted above after making changes to the profile properties. So that wasn't the problem.
I went to D:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\lang\english and deleted the weldment profiles folder. After that it started working. I restored the file and it still works. So I don't know really why it starting working but it is working and that's really all that matters.
Thank you both for you help!
Retrieving data ...