6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2014 7:32 PM by Brent Lewis

Hide Tab on data card?

Lawrence Kiefer

How can I hide or show certain tabs on my data cards depending on what item is selected in either a DropDown Property Box or a Control Check Box.

Basically what I need to happen is, if a user selects the file type to be A it will show tab a and hide tab B, and Visa Versa.

• Re: Hide Tab on data card?
          Tim Webb

Hi Lawrence,

I was attempting to remote into my admin tool computer so I could put together a demo for you but I'm unable to right now.

To hide or grey out certain "controls" on the datacard, look up "Control Logic" in the data card editor. This seems closest to what you are needing to accomplish.

You can also control visibility of tabs by user group membership (more complex), and you can also dynamically populate listboxes based on inputs in other listboxes.

Hope this helps,

Tim

Lawrence Kiefer

Tim,

Thanks for responding to my post again. Currently I do use control logic, however this only works on certain items, not tabs unfortunately. As far as controlling tab visibility by groups, I cant do that because I want everyone in a certain group to see or not see tabs depending on which variable they choose in the control Drop List.

Brent Lewis

Lawrence,

I might not be of any help but I have done something similar on template card. I used a radio button to control a tabbed section for images. As an example if they selected

Product A radio button, Product A's image tab will show, or reversed. I hooked both to same variable though, so could be only be one, either A or B. I needed that variable decided to run on 3 other cards in the template though and to get logged into the DB and written into an excel file that I track. The tabbed images were just fluff and puff to me.

I could easily place more important information there if I had needed.

What you are asking though is not out of reach.

Check boxes are similar to radio buttons so I am sure what you are asking can be done. I run check boxes also but that is for a multi selection list I wanted.

I will watch this thread, I have a lot of great resources saved ( at work ) and I have done a lot of different template/file card tab combinations. I use the what is seen by selection ,variable ,user group or by a specific file subject name ALOT.

I have a current project on my list to do for epdm, but If I got a chance I would love to test myself how to control tabs by a drop selection box, that just has to be similar to what Tim said. I do an double drop down list already and its hidden by control logic.

Brent Lewis

Lawrence,

I scouted a few of my cards and do have a  show tabs by drop down box. These 3 screenshots should help guide you if they come out clear enough.Untitled3.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg