In the Solidworks help file, there is a section that shows how to allow groups with the given permission to see files that have not yet been checked in by other users, but are in their local cache. When I follow the instructions to set this up, referring to step 5 below, "May see files before initial check in (Private State) is not there at all. Am I missing something? I have included an image of one of my groups showing that this is not where the instructions say it should be.
I think this would be a great permission to give just to the engineering group so we can see files a colleague is working on even before they are checked into the vault.
Permitting Users to See Private State Files
You can allow users to see files that are in the private state by granting Folder Permissions.
This permission is not available for State Permissions because the file is not in any workflow.
- In the Administration tool, expand Users or Groups.
- Double-click a user or group.
- In the dialog box, click Folder Permissions.
- On the Permissions per Folder tab, select a folder for which you want to grant permissions.
- Select May see files before initial check in (Private State).
- Click OK.