4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2014 10:12 PM by Oscar Salazar

Message System from EPDM

Dony Juniar Abdullah

Dear All User,

I'm new user on SolidWorks EPDM. i want to setting message system on EPDM and i need integration with email (smtp).

So i have 2 question about this :

1. How to setting message system integration with email?
      2. If the user don't login EPDM, can user get notification on email?

Please Advice.

Regards,

Dony

• Re: Message System from EPDM
          Steven Smith

Hi Dony,

1) You can set up smtp messaging through the ePDM admin console under the messages section. All you have to do is add your email configuration settings to set this up.

2) You do not need to be logged into the ePDM system to receive messages but to carry out any actions that may be required, you will have to login to ePDM.

Dony Juniar Abdullah

Hello Steven,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I'm already setting notification with email but when i'm try, i dont get notification email.

Can you give me video for this issues, if you don't busy.

Thanks,

Dony

Steven Smith

We had a similar problem with the messaging system in ePDM.

The following was given to us by our VAR and is from the Solidworks Knowledgebase. This fixed the problem for us.

The database 'ConisioMasterDB' should contain the name of the vault that is selected for SMTP settings in the table 'FileVaults' else the error, 'The server was not found will display'.

Client log contains the error:

Module: ConisioAdmin.exe

Function: CFVServer::mhSendSCCmd

Error code: E_EDM_SERVER_NOT_FOUND

Use
                  SQL management studio and make sure that the file vault name and database name exist as a record in that table (make sure spelling is correct).  If they are
                  not there, add them and restart the Enterprise PDM database server service.

Another thing to check....

On some setups, adding the SQL server name explicitly in the "Server" entry of the following registry key and then restarting the service addresses the
                  problem:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\MailService

I hope this helps.

1 person found this helpful
                    Oscar Salazar

You will need to do this in the Administration tool (Typically located here: C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Enterprise PDM\ConisioAdmin.exe)

1) In the administration tool, locate your server then double click on the database you are working on

2) Expand the Database tree by clicking on the Plus "+" sign and look for Message System (Envelope Icon)

3) Under the General Tab, Selected Mail System change it to SMTP

4) Under the SMTP Settings tab, configure your SMTP to match the settings with those of your mail service provider.

(For example for Google Mail you would use: Server: aspmx.l.google.com Port: 25)

5) Click on the Test Settings button to give it a try.

Make sure you get the appropriate SMTP settings from your email provider or administrator.

Per @Steven Smith suggestion:

You may also need to modify the "Server" registry value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\MailService to your full SQL server (For example: SQL01\MSFTSQL)

If you change settings you may need to restart the Database Archive Service

Transcribed from: 2013 SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM Help - Configuring the Message System