To use computer assisted design/drafting (Solidworks/CAD) equipment and software to develop mechanical solutions using standard industry principles for product design.
Duties and responsibilities are:
- Create and revise production electro-mechanical drawings (assembly drawings with details).
- Generate mechanical drawings for use in production and machining operations.
- Makes finished drawings, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another part, and relation of various parts to finished assembly or machine.
- Sketches rough layout of design concept and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages, and location of holes.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, raw materials, processes and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multiview drawings of assemblies and machines, specifically related to tube bending applications
- Draws finished designs from sketches utilizing solid models and layouts.
- Create and process engineering change notices.
- Update drafting/Engineering Standards, make control drawings.
- Efficiently coordinate activities and utilize allocated resources to ensure task execution is done timely and in a manner minimizing negative affects to production work.
- Be willing to work cross-functionally with maintenance, tooling, electrical, engineering and IT personnel in maintaining production and other shop equipment both internal and external.
A skilled level of Solidworks/CAD software, pc usage, and associated software including Microsoft Office. A basic ability to read and interpret drawings/schematics, operating procedures, instruction, and manuals. Basic knowledge of mathematical concepts and fundamentals, of plane and solid geometry, and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts and work with engineers to resolve potential design issues. These skills will be utilized to solve problems on a daily basis. The work environment may require a lot of sitting for long periods of time. The employee must be able to work with safety, be willing to use provided safety equipment and must be intelligent enough to take steps necessary to protect themselves and others. The employee may at times be required to work off shifts or on call based on production and repair needs.
Experience, Training and Education:
College, vocational school, technical school and or previous on-the-job training are accepted. As needed further training may be offered @to help increase employee technical skills.