2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2014 11:01 AM by Dirk Biesinger

Why do I continually have to re-set the performace / display image settings in Tools / Options every time I open a new model?

Steven Bissey

SolidWorks 2014 Premium

nVidia Quadro K2000D 2 GB ram video card

Intel i7-4770K @3.5 GHz  16 GB RAM

Dual monitors

Every time I set the image quality and performance settings to the max (slide the bar into the red zone), the setting will not stay

and the next time I open another model, the settings revert back to some default setting that SolidWorks chooses.

I have set my NVidia Control Panel to "Use my Preferences emphasizing Quality"...is the nVidia controller automatically changing my SolidWorks settings,

or is SolidWorks changing my settings for image quality and performance????

Any part or assembly opened in SolidWorks looks like crap on the screen unless the image settings and performance slider is all the way into the red zone.

My question, how do I set /adjust / fix my SolidWorks options and / or the nVidia settings so that my desired setting stay set each time I open a part or assembly?

Surely, I am not the only person that has had this issue, but can't seem to find a similar thread anywhere describing this issue.