29 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2017 3:54 PM by Lee CS Young

EPDM Email Notifications

Lawrence Kiefer

Has anyone had any success editing the standard EPDM html file that is used for the email notifications? If so I would appreciate some information on how this was done. First off, I cannot even locate this html file. I received a PDF document from my VAR telling me how to edit these html templates but it does not say if this lives on the vault server or each individual computer with EPDM installed.

The messages I would like to edit are below...These email notifications are terrible to say the least...I would like to make some cosmetic changes to this html file but first need to locate the template...

• Re: EPDM Email Notifications
          Jim Sculley

See Solution ID S-018024 in the Knowledge Base.

Lawrence Kiefer

Jim...thanks but this Solution ID brings me to download the exact files I already have....the PDF it downloads Tells you how to edit the html emal, BUT not where that html file lives. Although I can find it on my PC, this is not the one PDM uses....

Scott Slovik

Hi Lawrence,

I updated my EPDM notifications using Solution ID S-018024 as Jim recommended.

I copied a NotificationMsgTemplate_GB.csv file to my SQL server desktop.

Using notepad++ editor, I simply replaced all Times New Roman text with Arial,

and replace the word "SolidWorks" with my company name "Scholle".

Saved the file and ran the SQL query without any issues. It should update 26 rows in the SQL tables.

I still have some issues were the table fonts are not changed to Arial.

(I have an open support case with SolidWorks to request more info how to make changes to the *.csv notification template file).

This is what I have been able to create so far...

ECN notification.jpg

EPDM workflow transition notifications.jpg

Lawrence Kiefer

Scott, I know this thread is old, but I am wondering if you could please lend me a hand. I have set up a "Send Email" In a workflow notification much like what you show me above. I like this option a lot. One thing I am wondering is can I get rid of the link at the very top of the email? This seems to be automatically inserted. I would like it gone. Its the link that starts off with Aero_PDM..... See my image below.

Notification email.JPG

Scott Slovik

Hi Lawrence,

After some trial and error in my test vault, I figured out how to remove the hyperlink path at the top of the email.

(sure would be nice if SolidWorks could provide information on formatting these tables).

In Section 300 of the "NotificationMsgTemplate_GB" text file, I removed the following line...

<b><font size="4"><a href="conisio://_ConisioVaultName_/open?projectid=_ConisioProjectID_&documentid=_ConisioDocumentID_&objecttype=_ConisioObjectType_">_ConisioVaultName__ConisioFilePath_</a></font></b>

See my complete text used for SQL db query...

300;_ConisioSubject_;<html>

<head> <META HTTP-EQUIV="MSThemeCompatible" CONTENT="Yes" /> </head>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff">

<center>

<font face="Arial" size="6">

Enterprise PDM notification</font>

</center>

<hr>

<br>

<font face="Arial" size="3">

<br>

_ConisioMsgBody_ <br>

<br>

<hr>

<table cellspacing="10" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial;font-size:16px">

<tr>

<td><a href = "conisio://_ConisioVaultName_/view?projectid=_ConisioProjectID_&documentid=_ConisioDocumentID_&objecttype=_ConisioObjectType_">View File</a> </td>

<td><a href = "conisio://_ConisioVaultName_/explore?projectid=_ConisioProjectID_&documentid=_ConisioDocumentID_&objecttype=_ConisioObjectType_">Open folder</a> </td>

<td><a href = "conisio://_ConisioVaultName_/properties?projectid=_ConisioProjectID_&documentid=_ConisioDocumentID_&objecttype=_ConisioObjectType_">Properties</a> </td>

<td><a href = "conisio://_ConisioVaultName_/history?projectid=_ConisioProjectID_&documentid=_ConisioDocumentID_&objecttype=_ConisioObjectType_">View History</a> </td>

</tr>

</table>

</body>

</html>

Resulting email notification...

EPDM workflow transition email.jpg

Scott Slovik

Lawrence,

I just realized I posted a copy of a send email workflow transition.

Below is an example of what my state change notifications look like.

EPDM state change notification.jpg

Section 14 in the NotificationMsgTemplate.csv file is what you need to change.

Here is my code, then run the SQL query to update the table in the database...

14;EPDM Documents have changed state;<html>

<head> <META HTTP-EQUIV="MSThemeCompatible" CONTENT="Yes" /> </head>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff">

<center>

<font face="Arial" size="6">

Enterprise PDM notification</font>

</center>

<hr>

<br>

<font face="Arial" size="3">

The following files have changed state from: <b>_ConisioSourceState_</b> to <b>_ConisioDestState_</b>

<BR>

The change was performed by: <b>_ConisioUserName_</b>

<BR>

<BR>

<table width="100%" border="1" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial;font-size:16px">

<tr><td><b>File Name</b></td><td><b>View</b></td><td><b>Get Latest</b></td><td><b>Properties</b></td><td><b>History</b></td><td><b>Folder Location</b></td></tr>

_ConisioFileRows_

</table>

<BR>

<b>State Change Comment:</b>

<table width=100%>

<td bgcolor="#ffffff" align="left">

<EM>

<font color="#000000" face="Arial Narrow" size="4">

_ConisioComment_<BR>

</EM>

</font>

</td>