12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2014 10:36 AM by Dennis Dohogne

Weird Arrow

John R. Sitek

SolidWorks 2014, SP4.0

When I create a second leader the second arrowhead comes in strange, anyway to fix this?  RMB does not work on Chamfer Dimensions, the arrow is modified in the Property Manager.

WeirdArrowHead.png

• Re: Weird Arrow
          Ian Worrall

RMB on the arrowhead (or the little circle next to it when the note is selected), and you will get a menu allowing you to select which arrowhead you want

John Burrill

if you dimension that chamfer with a separate callout, does it produce that funky arrow?

John Burrill

I tried reproducing it in SolidWorks 2015 and wasn't able to. 

The only thing I can guess is that you've got your dimension type for the view set to "True" instead of projectect and you're seeing the arrow raked back to show it coming towards you from behind the screen.

chamfer_notes.PNG

Make a new drawing of the part and see if you can reproduce the problem.  If you can, then you should open an SPR with your reseller.

Kevin Pymm

John,

I'm not seeing this behaviour either, using SW 2015.

Chamfer.JPG

When adding a second, third or more leaders the arrow is initially distorted before selection of chamfer. The closer to the dimension line I drag it, the squatter it gets. If I move it further away it becomes elongated, once I select the chamfer the arrow head returns to the shape of the the original as you can see above.

Jamil Snead

I just tried this on a drawing I had open and I got the weird arrow too (SW2014 SP4.0).

arrow1.PNG

For me when I ctrl+drag the arrow looks normal and as soon as I release it on another edge it goes flat. In my case the component that produced the weird arrow had mate errors in the assembly. When I switched to the assembly and fixed the mate errors the component moved and the arrows looked like they were fixed. However when I move the chamfer leader very close to the arrow I see that it still compresses.

arrow2.PNG

arrow3.PNG

For people saying it works for them, try moving the leader really close to the arrow and see if it is still right.

Kevin Pymm

Jamil,

Tried again, moving leader close to arrows & can't reproduce the bug.

Chamfer2.JPG

Kelvin Lamport

For me when I ctrl+drag the arrow looks normal and as soon as I release it on another edge it goes flat. In my case the component that produced the weird arrow had mate errors in the assembly. When I switched to the assembly and fixed the mate errors the component moved and the arrows looked like they were fixed. However when I move the chamfer leader very close to the arrow I see that it still compresses.

Ditto. I see the arrow length decreasing as the chamfer text moves toward the arrow with SW14-SP4

Dennis Dohogne

I saw this just recently as well (SWX14 SP4.0).  Added the chamfer dimension using the pulldown from the dimension tool and then dragged the leader to create the second indication.  I went in to look at the arrow type, but it was set properly I think.  Either I got rid of the problem or something else occurred to make it go away because it got fixed.  (BTW, SWX Rx is clean and everything looks good without having to update anything.)  I just tried to recreate this problem on a new part and the chamfer leader arrowheads showed up as they should.  WTH?