1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2014 10:55 AM by David Morts

I am having a problem with moving a copied sketch from AutoCad into my Solidworks sketch.

Rachel Bolinger

To quickly give you a background of what I'm doing, I'm transferring an AutoCAD drawing into a Solidworks drawing. To eliminate time with all of the holes and cutouts, I'm copying and pasting the sketch from AutoCAD into my open sketch in Solidworks. When I paste the sketch into Solidworks, it normally just pastes the sketch somewhere off in the distance. So, I go to the MOVE command and select the entire sketch, pick a center point, and then move the sketch onto the surface I want to cut. However, every single time I highlight the sketch and then pick the move (or rotate command), and then click any point in the sketch, when I move, only the points inside the circles (in this case) move. I have to hit escape, re-highlight the sketch and then go back to the command. Everytime, the second time actually moves the entire sketch instead of just the points. Is this just how Solidworks is, or is there a glitch somewhere in my system?

It's not like it's the biggest deal because the second time it always properly moves the entire sketch but it's a bit of an annoyance to say the least.

Thanks,

Rachel