I'm new to the Solidworks Forums, but I've been using Solidworks since 2009. I currently run Solidworks 2014 x64 SP4.0.
I am trying to create a barrel cam profile with a round cross-section using the solid sweep feature along a curve generated through X-Y-Z points. No matter what I try, I get the error "Sweep operation failed to complete."
The things I've done:
- Path is generated using the "Curve through X-Y-Z points" feature
- Path begins inside the toolbody
- Path is contained within the main body (not on its surface, I'll just cut away a shell after the profile sweeps)
- Toolbody is spherical, and its sketch pierces the path
- I tried making the toolbody very small so the likelihood of self-intersecting is low, but that didn't do anything
I've tried using a section of the original curve that is relatively straight (still curves around the center of the barrel cam), and that works fine, but whenever I try the curved sections, it fails.
The attached file has two folders:
"Does Work" - Contains the path from ProfileRev14b.txt
"Doesn't Work" - Contains the path from ProfileRev14a.txt