2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 11:47 AM by Charley Saint

Hyperlinks in email notification does not have any links

James Lee

Hi Sir,

I have a problem that hyperlinks in email notification does not have any links. When I click on the links, it does not do anything. Normally, it will execute some action like going to the folder location etc.

I am using MS outlook 2000 and I can manually send hypelinks in my email and the other party can open it. But for EPDM notifications, the links are all removed,

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks!

James

• Re: Hyperlinks in email notification does not have any links
          Joe Campuzano

Type in Ctrl+K is the easiest way. Paste in the file location.

• Re: Hyperlinks in email notification does not have any links
            Charley Saint

Hey James,

I'm guessing the other party is on Outlook 2007 or later, in those versions MS disabled the ability to put in HTML style buttons and it broke the notification emails. It's fixed in EPDM 2014 so you can upgrade and get around it. Here's the SPR text:

The form buttons used in notifications (state, check out, check in, deadline etc) are obsolete and will not work with current outlook versions if vault is set to use SMTP (which most customers use). Form buttons are stripped and replaced with static text such as: [View] [Open folder] [Get latest version] [Properties] [History] The only notification type that 'works' with modern outlook versions are the transition notifications, using text hypelinks instead of form buttons All notification types should use outlook compatible text links instead of form buttons. Workaround: Manually update the notification templates to use text links instead of form buttons. See KB solution S-018086