5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2014 2:55 PM by Jared Conway

Problem when running two similar static studies

Juan Bagur Colominas

Hello my name is Juan and I'm new using solidworks simulations.

I have problem trying to successfully run a simulation, i'm trying to simulate a simple assembly which control the opening and closure of an hydraulic gate.

First I made an assembly, run the simulation and it worked, using the results from the first simulation I improved the first assembly and generate a second assembly but when I try to run the simulation on the second assembly Solidworks just says that the study has failed. I believe I set the same parameters in both studies but, really I have no idea why is this happening nor how to fix it.

I attached both the assemblies that I'm talking about in case anyone could help me solve this problem.

More information: I noticed that my working assembly-simulation (the first I made) fail to run the study when I generate each mesh of each part one by one and then try to run the study. I'm using SW2014.

Please, can anyone help me to successfully run this simulation?

Thanks!

• Re: Problem when running two similar static studies
          Jared Conway

you say you want to simulate something that opens and closes something. do you want to know about how the motion works? or do you want to know about the stresses in a static loading case?

what is the loading condition that you are trying to evaluate?

could you elaborate on this:

More information: I noticed that my working assembly-simulation (the first I made) fail to run the study when I generate each mesh of each part one by one and then try to run the study. I'm using SW2014.

• Re: Problem when running two similar static studies
              Juan Bagur Colominas

Thanks for replying, I'm trying to know the stresses in a static loading case.

The loading conditions are: Non-Uniform Pressure applied to gate (I use this eq. 18109.65+9789*y and use a coordinate system this the origin at the top of the gate with +y facing down ) and a Normal Force of 15kN applied to the plunger of the hydraulic cylinder.

About this:

could you elaborate on this:

I don't know why but if I open the assembly file (the working one) and go to the static study tab and click on Run button it just work fine and finish the analysis correctly... but if I open the file and go to the static study tab and create each mesh of every part involved in the study one by one and the I click on Run button the study just fail and Solidworks displays an error window.

I attached 2 print screens of the error that I'm talking about.

Error1.jpg

Error2.jpg

I really would appreciate any help !!!