2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2014 6:39 PM by Jamil Snead

Section Line

David Gatz

is there a way to show only a partial section line on a drawing.  I can see how to manipulate the line and marker but I would like to be able to see my center line, etc. in other cad programs you can select the line , right click and pick "show entire line" thereby removing / hiding a portion of it between the two arrows.

• Re: Section Line
          Jamil Snead

The only thing I can think of is to create a custom line style, where you have the normal style used for the section line (I think dashed is default) and then add a big space in it. Then set the section view line style to the new one you made. This might work for you if you just need to get one drawing looking right, but it may not be a good long term solution. The main problems are that it might take a while to figure out the exact parameters for the line style to get the gap where you want it,and also as far as I know all section views must use the same line style, so all of your section views would show the same gap (not a problem if you only have the one section view).

section1.PNG

section2.PNG

section3.PNG

• Re: Section Line
            Jamil Snead

If you want the gap to extend almost all the way from end to end, there is this "Alternative Display" option.

section4.PNG