2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2014 10:31 AM by Andrew Whiting

My code for pulling info into a report isn't working in EPDM

Andrew Whiting

Hello! I have written a code that should pull information and put it into a report for us. I am using the report tool that is built within the EPDM program. The problem is, I'm not much of a coding genius so I'm not sure where the problem exists. We would like the report to pull the information from six (6) different variables from a set date. Is that possible? If so, can someone take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Frustration is setting in! Thank you!

• Re: My code for pulling info into a report isn't working in EPDM
          Joy Garon

Hi Andrew, What is the problem? I looked (very briefly) at the text and noticed that you did not join the Revisions table. The revisions table stores the version information for each document. Typically, when you want to retrieve a value for a variable you need to know the documentID, revisionnNo, configurationID. If you have more then one version, you need to figure out which version contains the value you are looking for. You will need to learn a bit of T-SQL in order to master reports. Also, don't forget that the search card and results can often get you what you are looking for. When using the standalone Search tool, the results of a search can then be saved as a CSV file for portability. Regards, Joy