AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do you guys like to manage your title block information?

Question asked by Brian Hughes on Sep 25, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 25, 2014 by Jamil Snead

Just trying to get a feel for the best way to manage title block information for assemblies / parts and their associated drawings. When I say title block information, I am referring to stuff like description, part/drawing #, material, revision #, rev initials, rev date, etc.

For instance, do you like to just edit the notes in the sheet format manually? Or do you put everything into the drawing's custom properties? Or, do you like to keep everything with the part's and assembly's custom properties?

Currently, any information that ends up in our title blocks, we put in the assemblies' and parts' custom properties. This includes description, material, revision information (e.g. revision #, rev initials, rev date, original initials/date), and vendor information. Sometimes, I feel annoyed by the fact that if I want to change any title block information that appears on my drawings, I have to go back to the model, open up the custom properties window/tab, make my changes, apply/save, head back to the drawing, and rebuild. But at the same time, I want all title block information to appear with both the part / assembly I am working on and it's associated drawing. It doesn't seem like there is a good way to do this...

Any thoughts on the best way to manage title block information across parts / assemblies and their drawings?

Outcomes