21 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2017 3:02 PM by Deepak Gupta

how can I flip normal of plane API

Cloud Strife Pom Cloud Strife Pom

I found out that SolidWork2014 has a feature to flip normal of the reference plane

flip normal.png

i check the parameter in C# and found out that this option related to RefPlaneFeatureData.ReverseDirection  (its changed to true and false correspond to the option)
      however when i try to change it manually

like this  in C#

IModelDoc swMainDoc = SwAddin.iSwApp.ActiveDoc;

bool checking = (swMainDoc as ModelDoc2).Extension.SelectByID2("Top", "PLANE", 0, 0, 0, false, 0, null, 0);

if (checking)

{

IFeature TopPlane = swMainDoc.ISelectionManager.GetSelectedObject(1);

for (int i = 0; i < inputPositiveValue.Count; i++)

{

IRefPlane tempRef = (swMainDoc as ModelDoc2).FeatureManager.InsertRefPlane(8, inputPositiveValue[i] / 1000, 0, 0, 0, 0);

IFeature refplane = (IFeature)tempRef;

RefPlaneFeatureData refplaneDAta = (RefPlaneFeatureData)refplane.GetDefinition();

bool checkingAccessSElection = refplaneDAta.IAccessSelections((ModelDoc2)swMainDoc, null);

refplaneDAta.ReverseDirection = !refplaneDAta.ReverseDirection; <----- this line its value won't change

bool checkingmodify = refplane.IModifyDefinition2(refplaneDAta, (ModelDoc2)swMainDoc, null);

refplaneDAta.ReleaseSelectionAccess();

swMainDoc.EditRebuild3();

}

TopPlane.Select(false);

}

acessselection return true

but i cannot change the reversedirection

any  ideas ???