AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to select feature tree items by clicking viewport bodies/faces

Question asked by Aaron Moncur on Sep 24, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 24, 2014 by Aaron Moncur

This is an issue I've run into a lot.  I like organizing feature tree items into folders.  Sometimes I'll have a model with many discrete bodies (or assembly with many components) and I'll want to organize the bodies/components into folders.  These bodies/components are sometimes scattered throughout a long feature tree making it very difficult and time consuming to select all directly from the feature tree.  However, clicking on them visually in the viewport is much simpler.  When I click a body/component, it's corresponding feature tree item becomes highlighted.  However, once I've selected all my bodies/components, if I then right click one of those highlighted items in the feature tree (preparatory to creating a new folder and adding them to the folder), all the bodies/components except the one I right clicked are lost (highlight goes away) and I can only add that single body/component to the newly created folder. 

Anyone know of a way to select bodies/components in the viewport, and add all of the corresponding feature tree items to a folder in the feature tree?

Outcomes