3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2014 10:59 AM by Deepak Gupta

Solidworks bug or user mistake?

Marco Gigante

Hello,

here I would like to understand if what I faced was a bug or my knowledge lack:

During a sketch drawing i tried to project a simple line with the "convert entities" command.....and I got an error ... don't understand why

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

Thanks!!

• Re: Solidworks bug or user mistake?
          Deepak Gupta

It may be hard to say if this is a bug or error. Can you attach the file to check.

Also if you remove the relation from that line (removed the on edge relation) then what happens.

• Re: Solidworks bug or user mistake?
              Marco Gigante

hello Deepak,

sorry, probably I can't post the file.. but I can tell you that:

- If I remove the "on edge" relation ( coming from the "convert entities command") the error disappears

- seams like the problem is related to an arc of circle with the center located along a reference geometry: axis (the blue vertical line)

- actually the problem is not related to the "convert entities" command... to make the error appear is just enough create a line with an edge coincident to that arc circle center and then make the line vertical (if I make it horizontal the problem doesn't appear! ... :/ ). Here the figures:

img3.jpg

img4.jpg

img5.jpg

img6.jpg

to me seams like it's a real solidworks bug ..