3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2014 4:27 AM by Gordon Rigg

Moving dimensions and centrelines to their own layers

Gordon Rigg

I had hoped SW had a setting so that centrelines and dimensions would go to their own layers as they were created. It seems it does not.

So we are dong this longhand - or globally selected them with selection filters after the drawing is finished.

I 'd like to do this automatically with a macro.

I found the thread about moving dimensions to their own layer with a macro - I can see how it works and how I can make it put the dims on any layer I choose.

However how do I edit it so it goes on to select all centre marks and centrelines and move them to a different layer?

I'd also like to collect all the other annotations attached to geometry, weld symbols, datums, balloons, etc and move those with the dimensions.

The intention is to enable suppliers to easily pick up the part outline from the dxf/dwg.

API: How to move all dimensions in a drawing to another layer (VBA, VB.NET, C#)

Recording "select all" with a selection filter set doesn't seem to work. That's where I started before finding the above.