AnsweredAssumed Answered

3d sketch rebuild errors

Question asked by Michael Pretekin on Sep 22, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 by Michael Pretekin

I've been having an issue with some of my route sketches:

When a route sketch reaches a certain threshold of complexity (not sure if related to number of sketch segments, relations or both) a couple of things start to go haywire.  First, it becomes difficult to actually select spline segments.  Line and arc segments I can select, but spline segments start to develop random "offsets" in that I have to move the cursor off of the spline I want to select by a certain amount before the segment will highlight.  Sometimes I just have to draw a crossing window and deselect things that I don't want.

The other problem that occurs is that I'll get warnings in the tree saying that the sketch is over-defined or can't be solved, but when I edit the sketch, everything is blue or black and not a single relation is tagged as a possible offender.  Sometimes all it takes is "wiggling" a spline point a little bit and then Solidworks makes up it's mind that everything is okay after all.

Sometimes restarting Solidworks helps with the spline selection issue, but past a certain point in the development of the route sketch, it doesn't help anything.

Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues and if so, have you determined a cause and/or a workaround?

Outcomes