5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2014 2:48 AM by Ari Arponen

dimension texts?

Ari Arponen

there are for example this kind of 'links' where they get the information about a hole for example. Is there a list available for these links? For example, what is the <**> for number of holes etc...?

<MOD-DIAM>

<DIM>

<HOLE-DEPTH>

• Re: dimension texts?
          Pravash Sahu

Hi Ari,

We have a list of hole symbols like Counterbore, Counterbore Spotface, Countersink holes, Hole depth, Hole Diam.

But any symbol for No. of Holes is not there currently. You can get list in Symbol Library.

Thanks,

Pravash

Ari Arponen

Reason Im asking is that, for some reason the hole callout doesn't show number of holes anymore. Noticed this after updating from 2013 to 2014.

SW_holes.jpg

Jamil Snead

I thought that was controlled by the hole callout format file (calloutformat.txt), but looking at that file on my PC it doesn't say anything about number of instances. Actually there is a note at teh top that says "**NO-NUMBER-OF-INSTANCES" whatever that means. My hole callouts do put the number of instances. Maybe it's part of the txcalloutformat.txt file. Mine is located at C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\lang\english. In that file my hole callouts begin with <COUNT=#X >.

Jamil Snead

Actually though, when I do a hole callout on a drawing the text says <NUM_INST> for the number of instances.

Ari Arponen

umm.. I just noticed why the Hole callout doesn't work right. When I updated the SW from 2013 to 2014, I had some custom files in the C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\Solidworks\lang\english folder. And thats why it installed the SW2014 into folder C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\Solidworks (2) but in the SW file locations it indicates the folder as previous SW-folder. 

Now I copied the 'lang' folder into 'solidworks' folder and it works. Is there a some way to "clean up" this install mess? I also have 5 different Solidworks data-folders under c:\. Or do I have to reinstall SW from a scratch?

SW_folders.jpg