5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2007 5:15 PM by genexxer genexxer

GeoStar ????

Designer Designer
      Hi...

Any body know where I can get an information about cosmos geostar ?
      I go to cosmos website, but not found anything.
      Is solidworks corp. still sell those product ?

Thank`s

-DD
        • GeoStar ????
          genexxer genexxer
          subscribe to cosmosfea@topica.com. Some veteran geostar users on that forum. Would be great if SWX would roll that into this forum. Like they said a few months ago.
          • GeoStar ????
            Designer Designer
            Hi Genexxer...

Thank`s for your very help full info.

-DD
            • GeoStar ????
              Designer Designer
              Hi Genexxer...

Do you know where I can find a demo of geostar ?
              I am confuse about :
              What is the different between cosmos advance professional and geostar ?

I hope you can explain to me.

-DD
              • GeoStar ????
                Designer Designer
                One thing what I know, geostar is hard to use.
                  • GeoStar ????
                    genexxer genexxer
                    Analogy : Meshing in geostar is to hand crafted as meshing in cosmosworks is to mass produced.

Its really hard to use if you don't have a license for cosmos/works advanced professional or other license for cosmos products that permits geostar use

It is only somewhat less hard to use if you have proper licenses

Geostar reminds me of software I used in the early nineties. My geostar work started out by running others' session files and the verification problems to accelerate the pace of acquiring mental command of the interface. Also the guys in Santa Monica(solidworks-SRAC) are really helpful.

Distinctions from cosmos/works: it has a very powerful set of tools that cosmos/works is incapable of emulating. In addition to whole solvers not in cwx(nonlinear dynamics, linear dynamics, emag, nonlinear thermal) it has a wide selection of element types and element creation tools to make solving efficient. Since model creation, preprocessing, processing and post-processing can be run from a script file, it has the ability to work with programming languages to create optimization tools by feeding results of the ith run into the i+1 run to refine parameters and have the last results converge on a goal. It is the antithesis of "black box" or "fast food" FEA.

Cosmos works has design scenarios which allow fixed number of runs using pre-guessed parameter values that cannot depend on the prior run's results unattended by you, the user. Also one can "run all studies" for a part or assembly and also use the solidworks task manager to run multiple models, further multiplying the capability to batch process. However no result can influence the successive parameter value. There is no api to allow for custom program creation.