AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bend table and K Factor

Question asked by Andrew Wylam on Sep 13, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2014 by Paul Cullen

Dose any one know what figures i should be using for the k factor and internal rads on 6mm plate

I have an 6mm steel plate with two 40mm wide tabs bent up to approx 135deg  form hooks (see drawing)

this is all reverse engineered  i am trying to update very  old drawings  i am not sure what k factor i should be using

(K Factor of  .5 seems to be standard ) and i don't know what internal rad can be achieved  on a 6mm plate with standard tooling

I need to know what would be an easy bend to achieve with standard tooling as we don't know who will be making the part

is their standard table of bends and k factor allowance for rads. Their are some critical dimensions that need to be keep too the 200mm dims

they are part of a measurement tools for a sailing dinghy test rig to ensure boat are  within the class rules

(At the end of the day i require it to be made with the least amount of problems anywhere in the world with out any custom tooling .)

i have very little experience of sheet work so would appreciate any input  any one can give Hook detail.jpg

Thanks

Andrew      

Outcomes