5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2014 5:17 AM by Paul Cullen

How do I hide multiple entries in BOM NOT selected

Edwin Thein

I have about over 50 parts in my BOM.

On one sheet showing details, I want to include a BOM that only lists items (about 10 out of 50) shown in that sheet.

Instead of having to hide the selected items, I thought it would be easier for me to select those items I want from the BOM lists and then hide the rest.

Is this possible?  How?

• Re: How do I hide multiple entries in BOM NOT selected
          Paul Cullen

Hi Edwin

If you right click on a part or sub assembly in the feature tree and click on component properties

component properties.jpg

you will be able to click on exclude from bom to exclude that part or sub assembly from your bom

component properties 2.JPG

If you control select the 10 parts you want to exclude and then right click on one of the parts and do as I have shown above it will exclude all 10 parts at the one time

Paul

Edwin Thein

Thanks Paul but not quite what I was looking for as I have to select each component that I want to exclude.

It is not the 10 parts I want to exclude, it is the other 40 that I want to exclude.

So selecting the 10 that I want to keep is faster than selecting the 40 that I don't want.

SW doesn't seem to have a feature that'll do this perhaps?

Jamil Snead

Do you want the numbering of the subset to match the numbering of a complete BOM? For example, if you want a BOM for only items 11-20, do you want the item numbers to be 11-20 or 1-10? If you want the numbering to start over (1-10) then using a configuration would make sense. After you make a new configuration in the assembly model you can Ctrl+A to select all parts, then suppress them all at once. Then you can hand pick the few you want to keep from the tree and unsuppress them.

If you want the numbering to match the complete BOM one fast(ish) method could be to select the first row, then hold shift and select the last row. this will select all of the rows. Now you can hide all of the rows at once. Next you can right click on the table and pick Show Row/Column, and you only need to manually select the rows you want shown.

Paul Cullen

Hi Edwin

If you have a bom in your drawing and you only want to see components 10 to 20 you can split the bom above item 10 and below item 20 and then you will have 3 bom tables, drag the sections of the bom that you don't want off your sheet and either leave them there or delete them.

Paul