The company announced in Solidworks 2015 version renaming parts directly from the assembly tree. I have been waiting a very long time this option. But... looks like I do not see it in a new version of Solidworks. I'm tired of waiting and I decided to do it himself.
Features and limitations:
- Renaming parts of assemblies directly from the Solidworks design tree.
- If part or assembly presesent at different subassemblies, the parts of the subassemblies is not renamed.
- The program does not work with virtual items. It just does not make sense.
- Before renaming the program checks access to rename the file and record.
- Items marked Toolbox will not be processed.
- Currently only supported 2014 Solidworks.
- If drawing file present in folder he will also be updated. (option)
To install the add-on, run Install.bat
To uninstall, run Uninstall.bat