4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2014 4:38 PM by Paul Mak

Printing 11 x 17

Brian Freese

I have a drawing that i have already changed the properties to be 11" by 17".  I cannot seem to get it to print correctly.  I have noticed there is no 11 x 17 in the size under the page set up.  Is there an easy solution to my issue?

• Re: Printing 11 x 17
          Glenn Schroeder

I believe the choices available on Page Setup are printer specific, or at least they are for me.  I hope this isn't a dumb question, but is the printer selected set up to print 11 x 17?

Jay Johnson

We have multiple printers we can print to. One printer has an option for 11x17 while the other printer I have to use "Ledger". So, like mentioned before, it most likely is printer specific. 

Paul Mak

Yes, the available page sizes are printer specific. 11x17 is known as Ledger if it's in landscape, or Tabloid if it's in portrait orientation.

If you're having trouble with a specific printer, try printing a Word document (or something) on 11x17 to the same printer and see if it works. If not, then it's likely a printer issue.

On our office "printer" we have our four trays set up to different paper sizes and types, white 8.5 x 11, colour 8.5 x 11, white, 11x17 and um, "spare". These options are set up on the unit itself. (It's a combo scanner, printer, copier, fax machine, with mailboxes and all sorts of fancy stuff.) When I want to print C or D size, the page size doesn't come up until I change to the plotter. It could also be a driver issue. If your machine doesn't "know" what sizes the printer is capable of, you can't select it.

Try that. G/L