5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 7:51 AM by Joseph Zammit

Hi all..

Joseph Zammit

I am having a problem when inserting the 2nd sheet in a drawing. For some reason I am getting an message that an error occured when trying to open my file. I saved the sheet format file with a uniqe name in the default folder. For some reason the size of the file is only of 2k which is very much different of the other saved files. Any one have an idea of the source of this problem? The first drawing sheet has no problem to load. The problem happens only when inserting the 2nd sheet. Thanks.

• Re: Hi all..
          Joseph Zammit

Ok,

I am trying to solv this issue with out IT department. It looks like the issue is comming from the rights assigned to specific users. Logging on as adminsitrator the above problem is not present. Loggin under my suer name the above problem is present. I will be given full rights to view and modify the solidworks folders and if the issue is resloved I will leave the details here. Will be help full for other people facing the same issue.

Ian Worrall

Saving custom files in the default folder is not recommended, as updating Solidworks can wipe those folders. It would be much better to save your sheet formats / common parts / etc in a common folder shared by all SW users.

Joseph Zammit

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your feed back. It is good to know that we were in a risk of loosing the files during an update. However, I tried to save the sheet formats to a different location but I had the same error message stating that I dont have enough privillages to save in that location.

Ian Worrall

Are you the only SW user?

If so, put them in a folder under "My Documents".

If not, ask your IT to create a shared folder on your company fileserver with write access for all your company's SW users. Then place them there.

Joseph Zammit

Hi Ian,

No I am not the only SW user.

I noted that this problem is present only when I try to insert the company logo which is a simple jpg, I also concerted it to bmp but I had the same error. I cannot understand why this happed only when I try to insert the company logo.Save sheet format error.JPG