I have a reasonably large assembly with a large number of parts and have created 20 or more views (more to come). All with different components and more to come from the design team in a number of key milestones in future weeks. Every time I re-import the SW CAD Assembly all the translation move and collaboration data is missing such as;
- ARROWS missing or in the wrong spot
- Missing MOVE transformation
- Missing ROTATION transformation
When updating the CAD I have import i select;
- 1 actor per part, (and have in the original import) –I maintained at the beginning merge too.Also the
- Also I have the ROOT them underneath that I have the SW Assembly file so it’s not a direct link to eh composer as recommended below.
I have followed this comprehensive tutorial (this guys is great!) and attempted this multiple times to ensure I’m doing it correctly.
I really hope this is a setting issue, because this a the main selling feature for Solidworks (So you can create views for documentation, transformations, smooth workflow for design changes. If it were only a little bit buggy I’d be able to swallow it, but it appears there is no recognition of the previous work done in Composer when updating.
Any assistance would be much appreciated!