8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2014 9:21 PM by Greg Jankowski

How do I see my latests messages?

Alin Vargatu

I am trying to locate a discussion I opened in the past week. In the old forum, I would just click on my avatar and I would get to my latest activity.

What is the new workflow?

• Re: How do I see my latests messages?
          Jim Wilkinson

Hi Alin,

Just go to the Content tab at the top and then Authored. Does that not give you what you want?

Thanks,
          Jim

Deepak Gupta

Jim it might be good to add a button on the top with some easy name like mine activity which would include any post one has replied or authored.

Alin Vargatu

Thanks,  Jim.  Hope you would not mind me saying that this is not as intuitive as the way it worked before.

Jim Wilkinson

Hi Alin,

I don't mind at all. I can't say I don't disagree. Unfortunately, we don't design/implement the interface of the forum. There is some customizability, but it is not totally in our hands. We'll see if there is anything Greg can customize for that.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Wilkinson

By the way...if you go to your avatar, then View Profile, then the Content tab for your profile (not the top level one, but the one lower down for your profile) it will automatically filter by the things that you have authored by default. Personally, I actually find these content tabs in the new version of the forum quite useful, and more useful than the old version which I don't remember having these different types of categorization. I can find things much more easily with these various content tabs and the categorization within each of the content tabs. So, while some things in the new version may be different or take an extra click, there are many other new things that took a lot more clicks/searching or couldn't be done at all in the old interface. I'm not trying to "sell" it...just saying that there are some new things that I find better about the new interface than the old. Most of us are learning it at the same time you are all learning it.

Thanks,

Jim

1 person found this helpful
                          Greg Jankowski

Two things I would suggest at this point:

1) Create a My Stream custom activity stream and follow yourself. It shows Likes, Social News, and then all of your content. Not perfect, but it's a start.

MyStream.png

2) You will find a Your View area in the Inbox. This allows you to place Tiles in two columns. I prefer adding a recently visited and moving the trending content up on the right.

Myview1.png

To edit the page, click Edit Page on the top right, then you can add a tile, or use the control on the top of the tiles to move up, move down, delete, or configure the tile.

When you add a tile your can select from a list of tiles and configure them.

Limited list at this point.

Myview2.png

Overall we are looking at ways, that we can add and improve this vital part of the experience.

1 person found this helpful