8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2014 6:14 PM by Nhat MAI

Contain tab

Nhat MAI

Hello,

I am having some trouble with the contain tab. Even though I set up "Work with latest Version", when I click on the reference file it always open the previous version of the file. The reference had been updated but I though that the "Work with latest Version" would override that. Does any one know how to make sure to open reference files to the latest version always in the contain tab. I already know that you can just check out and check in the file to up date the reference. The problem is , we have references  on hundreds of drawing and it is to much of a hassle to manual do the check out check in procedure for all the files.

• Re: Contain tab
          Nhat MAI

Hello Guys,

I talked with my VAR and explore the problems some more. It appears that there is a loop hole in the Search Tool. The Contain Tab in the Search Tool is not affected by the setting "Work with Latest Version", the Contain Tab for the file in the folder explorer is affected by "Work with Latest Version". I am having my VAR quote an Add-in to automatically update the contains Tab.

I am running EPDM 2014 SP 2. I remember that this problem did not come up when I was running EPDM 2013. Maybe the update added some bugs to the program?

• Re: Contain tab
            Bill Stadler

We work with Latest as well.  The contains tab shows you what version referenced files were at when you checked the assembly or drawing in which I really do not see an issue with.  The issue I do have is what you are seeing but only if we have the "Enable the get version command in SolidWorks Add-in" turned on in the ADMIN Settings.