2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2014 9:42 PM by Dan Miel

I am using a macro to check to see if a file exists in the vault.

Sherry Simon

If the file exists it copies the file to a folder in the user's c drive. To do this in the past we used DIR to check the directory. However, since upgrading to and implementing EPDM this no longer works. I have tried using the filesystem object but this also does not work. Can someone please assist me in creating a code line in my macro to do this. Here is the code as it currently  stands.

For i = j To j + Selection.Count - 1

'Do While ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 2) <> ""

If fsFileSystem.FileExists(PDFfilelocation & Trim(ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 2)) & ".pdf") Then

If i = 2 Then

PDFFName = "TL_" & Trim(ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 2)) & ".pdf"

Else

PDFFName = Trim(ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 2)) & ".pdf"

End If

FileCopy PDFfilelocation & Trim(ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 2)) & ".pdf", "c:\print\pdf\" & PDFFName ' & " " & Trim(ThisForm.txtfrev.Text)

Else

'MsgBox "There is no PDF for " & Trim(ThisForm.txtfpartno.Text) & " " & Trim(ThisForm.txtfrev.Text)

Open "c:\print\PDF\notfound.txt" For Append As #1

Print #1, Trim(ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 2)) & ".pdf" '& " " & Trim(ThisForm.txtbom_rev.Text)

Close #1

End If

DWGFName = Trim(ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 2)) & ".dwg"

If i = 2 Then

DWGFName = "TL_" & Trim(ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 2)) & ".dwg"

End If

'Mid(DWGFName, Len(DWGFName) - 2, 3) = "DWG"

If fsFileSystem.FileExists(DWGFileLocation & Trim(ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 2)) & ".dwg") Then

FileCopy DWGFileLocation & Trim(ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 2)) & ".dwg", "c:\print\dwg\" & DWGFName   '& " " & Trim(ThisForm.txtbom_rev.Text)

Else

'MsgBox "There is no DWG for " & Trim(ThisForm.txtfpartno.Text) & " " & Trim(ThisForm.txtfrev.Text)

Open "c:\print\DWG\notfound.txt" For Append As #1

Print #1, Trim(ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 2)) & ".dwg" '& " " & Trim(ThisForm.txtfrev.Text)

Close #1

End If

'GetSA_PDFs Trim(ActiveSheet.Cells(i, 2)) ', Trim(ThisForm.txtbom_rev.Text)

'i = i + 1

Next i

'Loop

MsgBox "DONE!" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "The files were copied to c:\print." & vbCrLf & "Please see the notfound.txt file for drawings that were not found."

The
      ActiveSheet.Cells(I,2) contain the part name which would be the file name in the vault.  The PDFfilelocation is the directory path where the files are located on the c drive in the vault.