4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2014 3:02 PM by Deepak Gupta

Can't Zoom fit drawing.

robert dattilo

Hello;

I have a situation where, when I hit the fit key in drawing space, it will go to almost twice the size of the border of the drawing.

It's not large view boxes, & I've deleted any stored blocks in the design tree. I did have an inserted picture of a jpeg graph outside the border in the drawing,

but I deleted that, and this fit would actually be larger then the area that that occuppied.

Does any one have any ideas, what might be going on or how to fix it.

Thks, in advance for any input.

Rob_D SW 2014 Sp3.

• Re: Can't Zoom fit drawing.
          Glenn Schroeder

Is this a cropped view, or are there components hidden that increase the size of a drawing view?  For that matter, do any of your drawing views extend past the sheet?  If that's not it, do the Zoom to Fit, then click and drag a box over the space outside your drawing sheet and hit the Delete key.  Maybe there's a stray sketch entity or notation out there that's so small it's hard to see.  If so, that should fix it.

robert dattilo

Hello;

None of the views are cropped. I just have one part that's surpressed, but that's well contained in the size of the model, & nothings hidden.

All the highlighted boxes for views are contained within the borders. I tried swiping across various  outer areas & hitting delete, but it didn't seem to

grab anything, and I still get the same oversized zoom fit. I do have one table in the drawing, but that seems to be fully contained in the

border spacing as well. I had to replace a flow curve jpeg, so I inserted another and pulled the one off to the side. I later deleted it, but as

I said before I think the zoom fit is still larger than the space it took up. That's the only thing I can think of,  maybe it still thinks it's there or something, at least in sizing the zoom fit.

Thanks for the input.

Rob_D

robert dattilo

Hello;

I talked to SW support on this & did a go to assist, & theres a command view hidden views, that one time showed some views in the drawing field, but we couldn't get it to work consistantly. After trying a no. of things we determined that it was possibly something kind of buggy. None of the drawings that we briefly saw showed up in the design tree,

and 9 times out of 10 we wouldn't see anything with the command, so we left it with a possible file corruption.

Regards,

Rob_D