7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2014 10:39 PM by Dalessio Michael

Hide/show components

Dalessio Michael

I recently watched a YouTube video, "How to show what you want - Solidworks assembly drawing section"' and at 00:35 the instructor hides parts by selecting them with the cursor. Although his movement is rapid, at no point does he access the feature tree or any other menu. He also makes the parts reappear without using any menus. How does he do this?

• Re: Hide/show components
          Deepak Gupta

Right click on the part in he view/feature manager, go to Show/Hide and select Hide Component. To show, go to sample place and select show component.

Here is a quick video explaining the method: SOLIDWORKS DRAWING VIEW: HIDE-SHOW COMPONENT(S)

• Re: Hide/show components
            Glenn Schroeder

You placed this Discussion in the "Drawings and Detailing" section, so if you're working with a SolidWorks Drawing then Deepak gave you the correct answer (and I've never known him to give any other kind).  However, some (maybe many) new SolidWorks users at first get the terminology confused between the various SolidWorks file types.  If the video was showing an Assembly (3d model) instead of a Drawing of an Assembly (2d) then it's possible he/she was moving the cursor over components while holding down the Tab key, which is one way to hide components.  In fact, it's the only way I know of to hide components without accessing any type of menu, which you said was the case.